Friday, January 7, 2011

Wedding planning


My cousin Pauly who lives in Chicago, who is my aunt Vito’s daughter, came Dec 16th and stayed until Jan 3rd .  Most of the time was mostly wedding planning.  We started from zero, before coming Pauly had no clue what church, location or date she wanted her wedding. we went to several hotels with banquet halls and tons of outdoor locations. If we had it out door it would be during the day or if it were to be a night it would be at a hotel. I think the prices were relatively great compared to a wedding in the US. In Ecuador it ranged from $28-$47 per person which includes location, menu, decorations, table cloths, flower arrangements, dj, and a hotel room for the newlyweds. Here you have to provide your own alcoholic beverages for the guests, but the waiters will serve. 
After visiting several churches she chose “La Compania” which I think is the most beautiful church in Quito!!  But since this church is always booked months in advance they only had room on May 21st at 8pm and so we went to the ATM to reserve this spot.  This date and time helped us narrow down where the reception would be; now it had to be in the city, and in a hotel. We found Mercure Grand Hotel.  We also had to find the right invitations now that we had the date and location.  Little by little things came together. There is so much that goes into a wedding and you don’t even think of the little things that really add up.  I think she got most off of her wedding checklist.  
My aunt and I have to work on finding: singers, a band, desserts, accommodations for the out-of-town guests, menu tasting, photographer, videographer, and horse carriage, who knows what else pops up.
La Compania-inside the church
 At least now I have an idea where I want my wedding if I were to get married here, there is a place called “ El Rincon de Puembo” and it is the MOST beautiful place I have seen, and perfect for a wedding!!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful church! I hope we get to visit it. And if I find the love of my life in Ecuador, you're hired for the wedding planning jaja! Silly me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that church is beautiful! Yeah, Jackie it seems like you should become a wedding planner :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think the picture does justice for the church, now that I've seen it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad we were able to go in. I know we couldn't take pictures of the church but I will for the wedding.

    ReplyDelete